The Art of Synthetic Turf Installation
Feel free to utilize the Base Construction Model PDFs below:
The Precision Greens Process
Precision Greens takes pride in every project. Learn our process below so you know what to expect with your Precision Greens installation.
1. Job Site Set Up – After a thorough understanding of your needs has been obtained by our sales person, and our Client has agreed to proceed, we will establish a start date for work to commence. On that day you will see a Precision Greens vehicle arrive on site with a 3-4 person Project Team. At this time, you will see your front yard and lawn protected, where necessary, by sheets of plywood. Tools will be put in place and a comprehensive review of the project, led by your experienced Project Manager, will take place. Some communication will take place with the sales person and/or home owner as needed and the crew will proceed with full confidence.
2. Excavation (Soil and Sod Removal) – Our sales team will have determined your excavation needs based on our Soil Density Test conducted during their initial visit. This determines how much soil and sod will need to be removed to allow for a strong yet free draining project area. In most cases you will see an “excavation bin” arrive on site the morning of. The bin will be filled with the goal of having it removed before the end of the day while having all visible signs of dirt cleaned up at the end of that working day.
Our installers take great care to protect your existing yard, home and landscape and will take every precaution necessary to leave your home and garden in as good or better shape than when we arrived.
3. Base Construction – Although each base build is different depending on whether it is a golf green or lawn and depending on soil type and other drainage factors but, the process, generally speaking, is the same. Precision Greens will bring the required quantities of gravel to your home or job site the day of the base construction with the goal to have it safely transported via wheelbarrow to the project area before the end of the working day. The gravel pile will be safely marked with cones during the transportation period and, again, a full site clean-up will take place after the last of the gravel has been moved.
4. Synthetic Turf Installation – This is where we can only tell you so much without giving away our trade secrets! That being said, what we can tell you is that your Precision Greens Team will arrive on site in one of our installation vehicles and all the products and supplies required for installation. After taking another very close look at the base build, your Project Team will study the Turf Plan designed for your project and move to execute the installation.
Note: The extra care in inspecting the base is a critical step in our job process. A common industry mistake is to prepare the base work too quickly, meaning insufficient excavation, improper base compaction levels and/or unlevel and inconsistent grading. Any one of which will contribute to an unsatisfactory installation long-term.
Your Project Team is trained to recognize perfection in every facet of installation. From the cutting and seaming to fiber infiltration to all of the important finishing touches, it is Precision Greens high level of workmanship that rewards us a reputation for excellence. This measure of excellence is why everyone at Precision Greens comes to work each day with pride- recognizing that we are good at what we do, and we love doing it.
5. Site Clean-Up – The delightful process of cleaning up your home and garden after a job well done is as rewarding as the cheque we hope to collect upon your satisfaction! There are hours of finishing touches and clean up (on a micro level) that we look after to make certain you are walking into a clean and new, flawless, Paradise.
It is the finishing touches that frame up a good installation; another important measure for Precision Greens.
6. Follow Up – Your Sales Representative or Project Manager will walk you through the installation. We will happily address any questions or concerns you might have and we will rectify anything you may consider a deficiency. Our standards are extremely high and our customer requests to “improve” upon a part of our installations is extremely low. But, we will be happy to do so when and if it is requested of us.
Note: It is very rare that Precision Greens will ever upcharge for additional services throughout the span of the project unless the overall “scope of work” has changed. I.E. Another large section of turf. The price you were quoted is almost certain to be the price to be paid upon completion of the project.
7. Continued Customer Care – Precision Greens strives to protect your investment by any means possible. Having projects now that are over 18 years old we have been invited to make old projects look new again and we have also been assigned to yearly or bi-annual maintenance visits to make certain your project looks great and stands the test of time.
Note: In over 18 years Precision Greens has not had to replace one project due to wear and tear. It is also worth note that Precision Greens has not had any warranty claims in our 18 years. If a customer asks us to rectify a problem, we do it. If it is damage caused by something they have done, there will likely be a relatively small charge to cover our costs’ but, if it relates to the workmanship of our base installations or the grasses that we have installed then we take that responsibility on at our cost – and happily so.
Also note: Precision Greens has the best, and most honest, warranty in the business with a comprehensive 10 year product warranty and 3 year workmanship warranty.